The Steps for Sending an Online Fax
1. Compare Internet faxing service providers. Consider various criteria in getting the best service for your needs.
2. Sign up for an online faxing service. Many of them are free or offer a 30-day free trial.
3. If you don’t already have the document you want to fax in electronic form, scan the document to your computer.
4. If the service you choose offers both Web and email options, you can either upload the file you want to fax to the service provider’s private and secure Web site or attach the file to an email message in your email program to send the fax.
5. For the email option: in the email “To” field, address an email message using the number of the fax number to which you are sending the fax and the correct format of your Internet faxing service provider. Then send the email.
Faxing via a Service Provider Web Site
If you want to ensure that you have a contingency for online faxing if your email account is unavailable for some reason, you should establish your online faxing account with a service provider that offers the ability to fax using their Web site.
In addition, if the number of email accounts that can use a service is of significance to your business needs, look for an online faxing service provider that offers up to five or more email accounts to allow the flexibility that will meet your needs.
Click here to read more on using online fax to improve team productivity.
Signing Faxed Documents
Some Internet faxing service providers offer an e-signature option that will enable you to electronically sign faxed documents. If the service you choose doesn’t have the option, you can physically sign a document and then scan the signed document to your computer for Internet faxing. Another method would involve scanning and saving a digital version of your signature that you can insert into documents using a PDF editor.Compare Online Fax Services.