Review of Metrofax
Whether you fax a lot or a little, Metrofax (www.metrofax.com) has a plan for you. For as little as $6.63 per month (one-time payment of $79.50) you can quickly be sending and receiving faxes from your PC applications, email, browser or even from your traditional fax machine using your internet connection.
Metrofax.com is owned and operated by Metrofax, Inc., a Better Business Bureau accredited business located in Bellevuew, Washington. Their BBB rating is A+. The company has been in business since 1997.
Notable Features and Benefits
There are a few things that set Metrofax apart from other online fax providers.
- A page is a page, not a minute – Most online fax providers actually charge you by the minute in one-minute blocks. If one page takes a minute and three seconds to transmit, you get charged two “pages” for that transmission. Metrofax charges you one page for one page regardless of how long it takes to send.
- U.S. based customer support – When you have a question about Metrofax’s services, your request for assistance will be handled by Metrofax, not some disinterested third party. Metrofax telephone support is available Monday through Friday from 5am to 6pm Pacific time. The website has several top notch service offerings, from FAQs to video tutorials to email to phone.
- Single page overage price – There is no complicated system of pricing structures or tiers with Metrofax. If you need more pages in a given month, you are charged 3 cents each. Period.
- Easy Porting – If you are getting rid of your old fax machine, but want to keep your existing number, you can forward it to a Metrofax number, or you can simply port it into Metrofax, which allows you to stop paying your old phone company for that line.
- Multiple email addresses – Unlike many online fax providers, Metrofax allows you to have up to ten email addresses associated with a fax number. You choose whether a particular email address sees received faxes or can only send faxes.
- Android and iPhone Apps – Metrofax has smartphone apps for both the iPhone and Android. You are able to view received faxes using these apps.
Metrofax offers three fixed-price plans which work well for individuals or small businesses. All three plans offer either a local or toll-free fax number. Toll-free numbers cost a little more per page.
- The Essential plan (7.95/mo – 500pgs) costs 1.6 cents per page for the local number.
The toll-free number costs you 1.8 cents per page (8.95/mo).
- The Value plan (12.95/mo – 1000pgs) costs 1.3 cents per page local, 1.5 cents per page toll-free (14.95/mo).
- The Professional plan (35.95/mo – 2500pgs) costs 1.4 cents per page local, 1.6 cents per page toll-free (40.95/mo).
Corporate Plan Features
Metrofax has their own APIs (Application Programming Interface) which allows seamless integration of Metrofax’s services with your existing document, sales management, CRM systems and databases.
Metrofax Corporate is priced based on the specific needs of each customer. You will need to request a quote based on the specifics of your situation.
Metrofax is serious about their work. That is evident in everything you find on their website. The solid BBB rating, customer reviews, and the lack of negative reviews on the internet indicate this. Metrofax offers every standard online fax feature and more.Compare Online Fax Services.