Fax to Email Service Providers
Some Internet fax providers are strictly a fax to email service. This means any faxes you send or receive are forwarded by the online fax service to your email account. This differs from other Internet fax services that give you the option of faxing from email, a fax machine, Microsoft applications on a desktop, a secure Web based interface accessed on the online fax provider’s website, or a mobile device app.
|Our Rating||Our Top Pick||Best Deal||Popular||Good Platform||Good Value|
|Plan Reviewed||Fax 500||Single User||eFax Plus||Best Value||Individual|
|First 30 Days Free|
|Reviews||Small business focused, instant activation, robust tech platform.
|Most cost effective, very simple to use, reliable and convenient.
|Pioneer online fax service ideal for small scale internet fax use.
|Excellent platform, reliable, for personal and small business faxing.
|Convenient email fax service – send and receive faxes from email.
|Price||$6.59 / mo||$4.95 / mo||$16.95 / mo||$10 / mo||$9.95 / mo|
|Overage Cost||6 cents||3 cents||10 cents||10 cents||8 cents|
How Fax to Email Works
An online fax to email service uses a secure, automated email to fax gateway to transmit faxes using Internet protocols. For the user, sending an email fax takes only five quick steps:
- 1. You log in to your email account and create a message.
- 2. You attach any documents to your message using the file attachment icon on the email message screen.
- 3. You address your email to the recipient(s) fax number(s) followed by the extension of your online fax to email service.
- 4. When you click send, the fax gateway quickly converts it to a fax and delivers it.
- 5. You receive an email confirmation that your fax was delivered.
Receiving a fax sent from a fax machine to an email is equally efficient and easy for the recipient to access. Here is the quick process:
- 1. The sender enters your fax number.
- 2. The fax server of the online email fax service digitally converts it to a computer file.
- 3. You receive an email message with the fax as a file attachment.
- 4. You click on the attachment and it opens via an application installed on your computer, for example Adobe Reader.
Would Fax to Email Benefit You?
For many homes and businesses, fax to email is a sufficient faxing option with considerable savings attached to it. It is an attractive option for home based businesses, professionals, independent contractors who work away from an office, Web based only businesses and small businesses, but medium and large companies also utilize its advantages. Here’s a look at some of them:
- Service plans are less costly and include a greater number of fax pages in the monthly price.
- Greater delivery success because incoming faxes are going directly to the recipient’s email address.
- Easier access since you only need to sign in to your email account and you can fax from any computer or mobile device.
- Option to send faxes to the recipient’s email address or fax machine.
- Easier to manage your faxes from your email mailbox because you can quickly view each fax and decide which ones are priorities.
- Can save and store faxes in your email account for as long as you like.
Making The Decision
When deciding whether a fax to email service is adequate for your business faxing needs, consider the following:
Is it currently confusing for your work environment to have multiple faxing options?
Would your work processes be more organized if everyone was using the same faxing method?
Are you frequently connected to your email when away from the office?
Does your type of work require you to have immediate access to faxes?
Would the privacy of your clients be better served if faxes were sent directly to the fax number of the individual with whom they are doing business?
If you answered YES to most of the above questions, then it is likely that fax to email is the right choice for your business.Compare Online Fax Services.